La Quinta Channel Extension, Nueces County, TX (photo by Aero Photo)
Luhr Bros., Inc.
Our company was founded in 1938 by brothers Alois and Eugene Luhr. Eugene borrowed money for a Cat D8 tractor, and Alois began working on their first project: digging the basement for the Valmeyer, Illinois high school.
Since then, we have become one of the largest and most well-respected contractors in the country, working extensively with the Army Corps of Engineers as both primary contractors and subcontractors.